Thursday, April 4, 2013

Muse Challenge #11 - embossing overload!

Here is my latest offering to the Muse of Creativity! 


 Here is the inspiration card designed by Laurie Willison, which is very fresh and modern. I especially like the raised layer with the die cut aperture - great focal point for the sentiment. I also liked the colours used, which I have somewhat reflected in my card.


I was actually trying out a new technique with embossing and heat embossing when I made a mistake (not at all what I was after), but rather than toss the image, I decided to incorporate it into my Muse Challenge card because I liked how the embossing from the embossing folder shows up so super well when totally embossed with white EP. So rather than have the focus on the raised tag, like in Laurie's card, I turned the focus onto the background and the stamped and heat embossed sentiment.

I also used flowers made using the FabScraps Paper Flowers pad and a white one I heat embossed with EP. This was to co-ordinate with the floral embossing on the background. So while I based my card on Laurie's, I have to admit, mine is a more traditional take on the format.

I also have to boast about being published again in Cardmaking in Easy Steps (Issue 9).


This issue featured a selection of floral die cuts, papers and stamps and I made 15 cards from the kit provided. Lots of fun!

Anyway I'm off now to wash up the dinner dishes, so bye for now.

Janelle

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Janelle. Love the added shimmer and the sentiment is perfect!
    ps Congrats on your publication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. That means a lot coming from you.

      Delete
  2. A beauty of a card, Janelle! I love the shimmery and showcased background, but the foreground is no slouch either! Congratulations on your latest publication!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you, Darnell. It's fun comparing cards - I find every one gives something different.

      Delete
  3. I love it. It's very elegant. :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card focusing on the sentiment--love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.