Friday, March 29, 2013

WOW A Burst of Creativity!

It's been a while since I created three cards in 24 hours (other than when I'm doing a commission or cards for the Mother's Day Stall - which reminds me I need to get a go on with them!)

I've made a card for a friends' son' birthday. I thought I'd post it in the latest Annabelle Stamps Challenge, which is a sketch challenge. 




I used some really cute stamps from The Greeting Farm My Guy Ian set and coloured with my Copic Markers. This time I think I did a good job of colouring. The frame came from a Kaisercraft set. I don't often have such simple cards, but with the sketch it was easy to follow.

My second card is for the Muse Challenge #10. I wasn't able to participate for the past two weeks, as I was busy doing a commission. But this week's challenge has some beautiful colours and a fun design. This week's card was created by Ardyth Percy-Robb, whose blog I accidently came across last weekend and I enjoyed looking at her cards so much I signed up as a follower straight away.
I love how her circles are inked like fireworks, and the design is so vibrant, yet simple.


My card uses Ardyth's layout, but I've covered more of the card with the flowers and the sentiment. I thought I had used all of her colours, but I realise now I've forgotten the pink. (You can't tell it was a mistake, can you?)

The sentiment stamp is from Hampton Art Cling Word Borders and the flower is from a HOTP set called Wildflowers. I love the rhinestone border as it lifts the sentiment and makes it stand out, without the trouble of foam mounting etc.

Anyway, I've cleared out the old cupboards from my craft room, ready to build the new one tomorrow, but I've still got to vacuum the carpet in there, so I'll go now.

See ya!
Janelle

P.S. Did anyone notice the changes I've made to my blog?

12 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so cheerful - they match the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shirley-bee. It was fun to use the banner instead of a single sentiment.

      Delete
  2. Isn't the concept of MUSE the absolute best? I have discovered sooooo many new and exciting blogs as I'm out and about int he MUSE world...your blog being one of them! Fabulous work! You definitely have a keen eye for design and color coordination! Love the sentiment banner that you used on your card!

    Pink....what pink? I didn't notice that Pink was missing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geri. It so nice of you to say such things about my work and my blog. Muse has opened up my eyes about the number of very talented people out in the real world. I'm learning as I'm exploring - brilliant! P.S. I love Canada. WE went to Vancouver, Banff, Calgary, etc on our honeymoon 13 years ago. Where is Manitoba in relation to those places?

      Delete
  3. Both your cards are wonderful Janelle. Your colouring is perfect and adding the bling around the sentiment is genius.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards--love your take on Ardyth's card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greta. It was fun to do and a wonderful card to inspire me.

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely blog banner, Janelle! You've done a tremendous CASE of Ardyth's MUSE card and a fab birthday card for your friend's son. All the best with the changes to the craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell. At the moment the units are built and installed. The only thing left is to fill it up. It will be hardest to decide what goes back - my husband has said - purge. I hate the thought! Hope your having a great Easter.

      Delete
  6. Hi Janelle, this is a super cute dude and a great card for the AnnaBelle Sketch. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Janelle! Love that you flipped the sketch, it works great that way as well!!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two Awesome cards! LOVE your 'Dude' card, it's Awesome!
    Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.