Friday, January 18, 2013

A Scrapbook Boutique Blog Challenge

I made this card for the Scrapbook Boutique blog January Challenge which is to create a project using yellow, green and white and the photo as your inspiration. Details can be found HERE


I used off-cuts from some of the cards I've been making lately, including:
  • yellow plaid patterned paper from a free 6x6" We R Memory Keepers paper stack
  • Lime green, white and mid-green cardstock
  • Sizzix/Hero Arts Framelits Floral dies and stamp set
  • Kaisercraft Brown ink pad and light green rhinestones
  • Martha Stewart Meyer Lemon ink pad
  • VersaColor Bamboo ink pad
  • Staedtler Aquarell coloured pencils
  • Annabelle Stamps Cuts by Design Borders 1
  • Banana Custard Smooch
I love the border die-cut, especially highlighted with the rhinestones; and I think I finally got the flower right. Though my colouring is nowhere near as good as Therese Calvird's Pretty Posies that are published in the latest Australian Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft (Vol 19 No 2) that came in the post today. Therese is just wonderful with her colouring on these cards - the images look like they've been professionally printed. Therese has contributed quite a few cards in this issue, you should check it out.


I am also going to submit this card in the Annabelle Stamps blog as well, as this week's colours are somewhat similar. The darker green cardstock and the ink I used on the stamp both could be regarded as Artichoke. Details can be found HERE.

Well, bye for now,
Janelle



9 comments:

  1. This is so bright and sunny! Very pretty card Janelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Janelle! Love how you have added the sparkle to the border die (thanks for the reminder that I need to get this out and play again).
    Thanks so much for sharing at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Janelle! Love how you've added in some shading on the flower and the border die looks amazing!
    TFS :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. I love the border die and I'm glad you like how I've used it. :)

      Delete
  4. Your card is gorgeous - I love all the bling xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I'm happy to have you along as a follower.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful card!! Such pretty spring colors!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janelle

    Wow, I really love this, that fancy border die really caught my eye.

    This is such a great colour combo. That pretty flower really pops.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.