Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oops ... too late for Fusion #3 Challenge

I was too late to submit this card to the Fusion #3 Challenge this week, but I thought I'd post it here anyway.


I made this card for a great niece's first birthday (which was today) and only used Jackie's sketch. I flipped the sketch vertically and sort of rotated it so the numeral 1 became the sentiment and the raccoon was instead of the flower. The ribbon was used instead of the flourish.

The numeral was a cardboard die cut that I covered with a piece of double-sided adhesive sheet and then coated the top side with gold glitter. This worked well as the glitter didn't want to fall off and spread everywhere once I burnished the piece with my finger and rubbed the glitter onto the sticky sheet.

The raccoon was coloured in using Copic markers and I'm looking forward to a copic colouring class that I'm doing at Photo Continental on the 11th May. I'm more looking forward to the classes I've already booked at the Papercraft Expo in Brisbane during the Queen's Birthday long weekend. I'm going one day with a friend and another day by myself to do two more classes. Yay! Can't wait!

Before I go, I wanted to let you all know that I've now got a Pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/ellenajg/cardmaking-ideas-and-techniques/ . Join me there to share some of my fave card designs, ideas and sketches.

Bye for now,
Janelle

P.S. I hope everyone in Australia had a memorable ANZAC Day today. It's especially important to remember those who have fought for our freedom and safety over the years. God Bless You All.

3 comments:

  1. Dang, it's too bad you missed the challenge, Janelle! Your card is adorable. I love how you have him sitting on that ribbon and good job making your own glitter numeral!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you missed the deadline Janelle. Your card is adorable, LOVE that glittery gold number 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute - I love that adorable little critter:) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.