Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Birthday my beautiful boy!

Saturday was my son Alex's 10th birthday. I made him the following card to celebrate.



Alex has been doing karate for a year now and when I saw this stamp from La-La Land, I knew I had to do a card with it for him. Alex was especially happy that I'd coloured the karate belt orange, which matches his real-life belt. I coloured it to sort of match Alex's colouring as well.  

The peel-offs are some stunning glitter star dazzles  and silver sentiment dazzles from HOTP, and inside I stuck some other peel-offs from Anita's that said "Happy 10th Birthday" and had ten candles making a border across the bottom.

I also made another card, that is for my 5 year-old great nephew, Kylan.


I copied the design from a card by Therese Calvird (only hers was better, I'm afraid to say). I was also practicing my Distress Markers colouring at the time, but it didn't work too well on the paper I chose - "but waste not want not" - I don't think a five yo will care! The dots scattered around are multi glitter glue, and look much nicer if real-life.

I've been "missing due to inaction" this past two weeks as I've been trying to get my craft room finally sorted as well as completing a commission for Australian Papercraft Essentials. Hopefully I'll be able to get some challenges completed and posted.

Bye for now,
Janelle

1 comment:

  1. This little fella really is too cute Janelle! Great distress colouring, this is something I need to try more of, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.