Sunday, February 3, 2013

Muse #2 and Annabelle Stamps Sketch Challenges

I'm just quickly posting this picture of a card I made for the latest Muse challenge.


For this challenge you have to respond to an inspiration card. This week's was designed by Suzanne Dahlberg, and so bright and colourful. I wanted to also include the sketch from the Annabelle Stamps Sketch Challenge, so combined the two and came up with my card.



I took the flowers as my inspiration and stamped them onto my card with Versamark before embossing with clear embossing powder. I masked off a rectangle with scrap paper before stamping to replicate the same shape in the sketch. I then stamped the flower, leaves and butterflies onto X-press it card, before colouring with Copic markers. I used some stamp sets from HOTP for this card. With the sketch design, it was easy to then position everything. I also tried to include the vibrant pink, red and a touch of blue from the original card.

I hope you all like my card as it was fun making it this time. 

Bye for now,
Janelle

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! Your flower is amazing Janelle and how clever to add the embossed bg, it adds such wonderful depth!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AnnaBelle Stamps and Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Janelle! Love the embossed background and stunning coloured flower!
    TFS :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is so pretty and love the embossed background, inspiring me to want to do more embossing..
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janelle, I love the embossed flower background and your coloring. This is lovely and a perfect take on the sketch. Thanks for playing at Muse and for finding some inspiration in my card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Janelle this is stunning. Thanks for sharing with us and joining in the fun at AnnaBelle's

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card Janelle, the background embossing is excellent and I love how you have made the flower as the main focus - most of us took the rectangle as our focus! Janet - Guest Dt @ Annabelle Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.