Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ahhh! I feel so sick!

This week my darling husband came home with a cold, and generous soul that he is, passed it on to me. :{  Yesterday I lost my voice, today I've spent most of the day in bed with aching body, headache, tiredness and now I've got a temperature and a cough. BUT I made myself get up and make a card for the Muse #5 Challenge for this week. Details HERE.


This week's bright and cheerful card is by Marion Vagg and uses a mixture of washi tapes to create her unusual background. Since I have a heap of We R Memory Keepers' washi tapes from Paper Wishes, I figured I could do a quick card using the colours and general layout of Marion's card.




I also used some washi tape on white cardstock to die cut a flower to use for a little extra interest on my card. I was also pleased to be able to use my Hampton Art sentiment stamp that I've had for ages and never used. I've always found it too large to use on a lot of the cards I make, but on this card, I thought it worked perfectly with the space. I stamped it using Staz-On ink, so that it would stick to the washi tape and not smudge.

All in all, I'm happy with my effort and now I'm going to have some Nurofen, a shower and head back to bed. It's calling me - can you hear it?? Oh no! Now I've got hallucinations!  Ha Ha Ha!

Bye for now,
Janelle

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Janelle. Hope you are better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do tend to feel sorry for myself when I'm sick, but with my husband sick as well - no sympathy! So I'd better get well soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this is wonderful Janelle! I'm a big baby when I get sick! LOL! Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card! Can't believe you made this while you're sick! I'd like to do this good when I'm well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so lovely. I love how you took the patterns into the flower as well! So clever! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lovely card! You really got the colors and patterns of the Muse card perfectly and I love the flower! Hope you are feeling better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a trooper Janelle, hope you feel better real soon.
    Love your matching washi flower, Hugs Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.