Saturday, February 9, 2013

Muse Challenge #3

Here is a card I made for this week's Muse Challenge. For this one, I decided to go back to my favourite style of classical shabby chic. Information for Muse Challenges can be found here.





The inspiration card was designed by Laurie Willison and I especially liked the format with the split foreground, which is why this featured in my card.


The band across the centre holds the design together which is why I also featured a variation of this.

I used : 
  • flowers from Little Birdie
  • the bird stamp from Kaisercraft's Periwinkle Birds stamp set
  • the sentiment from Couture Creations' Words, Words, Words Stamp Collection
  • papers from Crate Paper, Basic Grey and DCWV
  • Copic markers
  • Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Kaisercraft cream lace
  • a Prima flower
  • Manor House leaves
  • assorted cardstock, ribbons and trim from stash
I'll be back again soon.

Bye for now,
Janelle


7 comments:

  1. very pretty! I love those flowers! Thanks for playing at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on Laurie's card Janelle. So glad you played along in this week's Muse challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Janelle, I love your beautiful colours and darling bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Janelle! Lovin' your 'shabby' style, especially that sweet little bird! I am always in awe of this style, because it's one that I cannot do, for every piece I add to the card, I take two away lol!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! I love the blues and those flowers are gorgeous! Lovely take on the muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish shabby chic card. I love the blog title mine seems dull in comparison http://dawnthecrafter.blogspot.co.uk/. Anyway youve got another follower now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dawn. I chose the blog title because it is me - just a dash of flash, but not too flashy! I usually add some bling to my cards, so they're the same. I'm so glad you're now a follower. I hope you enjoy yourself reading my blog and that I can inspire you sometimes.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.