Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, my darling husband!

Yesterday for St Valentine's Day, I gave my husband, Darryl, a valentine's card I made for him. As you can imagine, it's the biggest card he's ever received! Ha Ha!






I made it from two medium KaiserDecor hearts that I painted with gold, backed with red mirri card, created a hinge with seam tape and then decorated with wooden flowers and leaf die cuts (that I inked), rhinestone flourishes; and inside, roses wrapping paper, a computer generated sentiment heart and heart die cuts from Finishings. 

When I gave it to him, he was gobsmacked, poor love. But he soon got over it and I know he is quite chuffed to have been given it.

I've also made a card that I'm entering into the Scrapbook Boutique monthly challenge. This month is to use the following picture as inspiration. YUMMM!



So, not only the giant heart card but the card below are both suitable to be entered.



For this card I took a sheet from the Prima Romance Novel Collection 6x6 paper stack, fussy cut around part of it to frame the card and then stamped the sentiment. I like how the pink pearls around the typewriter create a focal point, establishing the visual triangle. I also like the effect of the dots of glitter glue in the centres of the flowers - just adding a "dash of flash".

Anyway, bye for now.
Janelle

7 comments:

  1. That may be the biggest card I've ever seen, you have certainly outdone yourself Janelle, it looks fabulous and he looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love how you fussy cut to frame out your card to add all those pretty blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks one happy man Janelle! Love your heart card and the fussy cutting on your second card gives a stunning look! Thanks for sharing both with Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that is the biggest card I've ever seen!!!! I'm glad your hubby appreciated.
    Thank you for joining in and sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique for this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. The big heart is great and what a big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great size card.
    Thanks for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.