Sunday, March 10, 2013

Muse Challenge #7

I always seem to be posting these challenges at the last minute. But I managed to get a card together and while it has many aspects similar to the focus card, there are significant differences as well.



The Muse challenge this week was a card by Laurie Willison. I particularly liked the way the sentiment is the main focus and the other features just complement. The use of white space adds a touch of elegance, along with the fine line stamping of the flowers.



For my card I used my Inkadinkado Stamping Gear which I haven't used in a while. I stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed in white. I also heat embossed the sentiment in clear. I combined two stamp sets to produce the sentiment, that reflects the sentiment on Laurie's card.      Instead of the die-cut border that Laurie used I added a touch of BoBunny lace.

My card has less white space than Laurie's and I hope it doesn't look too crowded. I have hardly done any cards using kraft cardstock and I have to admit, I think I prefer colours.

Anyway, bye for now.
Janelle

5 comments:

  1. I like how you turned the main focus to be a the bottom! You made this card your own and I think it turned out really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little bit of pink lace at the top! So pretty! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty take on Laurie's card, the lace is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.