Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Easter everyone!

This is just a quick post so I can add this card to the Scrapbook Boutique blog Challenge for the month of March. Starting with the inspiration of these delicious looking cupcakes, I developed the card below.


 I think I'll give this card to my in-laws when we go visit them on Sunday.



The easter letters were stamped and embossed in pink and then I sponged over some more pink before fussy cutting them. I hand drew the grass and then cut it out with a craft knife; and the little chick (not cute but iconic) was stamped from an Alley Way Priceless Joy set.

I like how the letters appear to be sitting in the grass, and I love the daisy lace.

Anyway, the only big thing on this weekend is that my darling husband is going to take me to Ikea to buy a wall unit for my craft room. Hopefully then I'll be able to have more of my stuff sorted and stored properly and everything more user-friendly. At the moment I've got a mish-mash of shelves that waste a lot of room and that aren't wide enough for the papers etc to sit in properly. I'm too embarrassed to take before photos, but once it's done - maybe an after photo. Who knows?

I hope everyone has a great Easter break and that the weather doesn't stop you from doing what you plan.

Bye for now,
Janelle

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. Hope you have a great Easter, too.

      Delete
  2. Uber cute card Janelle. My husband was meant to take me to Ikea this week but we 'ran out' of time lol. Now we have visitors for Easter but not too many plans other than to eat and relax. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.
    And thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. Don't knock the relaxing with visitors and eating - especially at Easter. MMMMMM chocolate!!! :-D

      Delete
  3. Oh my that little chick is so cute!!!! Love this Easter card and I' m sure your MIL will too! Hope your IKEA shopping went well......I have an ongoing list:) Happy Easter and thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute card.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! That chickie is adorable!!! The size and style of the sentiment is perfect for him to stand on. Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.