Thursday, February 8, 2018

A new challenge for Get Creative Challenges

I'm back with the second of my February challenges. Challenge #66 from Get Creative Challenges has a theme of "Use Ribbon or Washi Tape". The sponsors for this month are Rick St Dennis, Twinkle Lane Designs and Knitty Kitty Digis and you could win images, etc from their shops.

 

I used a digistamp from Rick St Dennis called "Pavanne 2017 Fashion" and coloured her up using Copic marker colours that matched the washi tape rainbow background. The die cut sentiment was cut from a panel of cardstock that I covered with strips of glittered washi tape. I really love how this turned out.

Anyway, head on over to Get Creative Challenges and join in the fun by adding a washi tape creation of your own (or you can use ribbon if you really must. hahaha)
P.S. I bought the pastel washi tape from KMart. It came in a tube of 14 rolls; and I knew it would be perfect for this card.

Bye for now.

Love,


8 comments:

  1. Love that gorgeous washi background Janelle and your colouring is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I liked the washi background so much I bought the brights pack of washi tape as well. It was great how easy it was to achieve.

      Delete
  2. Isn't she wonderful! I adore how you have her standing on the modern style stripe background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. The juxtaposition of the plain coloured background against her frills and flowers is quite striking. I'll have to remember this idea for other times. I needed to ground her though. She's like Mary Poppins at the moment. Hahaha! :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card Janelle, love the image and design!
    Hugs, Sherry x
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. I really enjoyed making this one and I think the main reason was the digi stamp. So different and quite difficult to colour. I love challenges. :)

      Delete
  4. The smartly dressed woman is beautifully colored. Love the color combination on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pia. Glad you dropped in and had a look. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.