Thursday, May 5, 2016

Get Creative Challenges #38 - Pink and one other colour.

Welcome back for another challenge from Get Creative Challenges.


  This challenge is sponsored by Sami Stamps.


My card today uses a gorgeous digistamp from Sami Stamps and I thought since the theme is "pink and one other colour", I'd choose yellow. Could have gone for blue, But where on earth do you find blue grass? I also wanted to use a technique for attaching vellum I learned during my Online Card Class "Clear and Sheer"


I simply watercoloured the background and images. I then die cut the panel using MFT Inside/out stitched rectangles and the vellum with the MFT Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX. The sentiment from Reverse Confetti's Posted Note Sentiments stamp set was heat embossed in gold EP and machine stitched onto the card front. 

I like how the vellum doesn't obscure the flowers on the hat, yet tones down the colour of the background at the same time. I really like how machine stitching the vellum in place gives it a secure finish but adds just a little extra interest to the overall impact of the design.Thanks Nichol for such a handy idea. 

Join us over at Get Creative Challenges Blog and you'll be "pink" with excitement in no time! (I know, it's bad, isn't it???) 

See you soon,

Love,
Janelle

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design Janelle, looks like it's another wonderful class and the stitching on the vellum is awesome (just getting out the sewing machine is a real drama for me, I can't do it anymore lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vellum flag Janelle. I enjoyed that class too - although I haven't actually put any of it to use yet - not enough hours in the day is there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Therese, Linda and Marisa. Your thoughts are most appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.