Monday, April 25, 2016

Challenge #107 for Simply Create Too

I'm back with another card today. The new challenge at Simply Create Too Challenge Blog is to use stitching (real or faux).




I wanted to make another birthday card for my mum, as I wasn't happy with the one I made closer to her birthday; and since I kept forgetting to give it to her (I'm not telling when her birthday was), I thought I could do a better one and give it to her when we have her party (don't know when that will be either as we're waiting to find out when she's going to have her hernia operation). Once we've got dates, we'll have a party for both Mum and Dad (who have both had their 80th birthdays this year). You can check out Dad's card here.




My card used stitching around the inner circle. I used some multicoloured DMC metallic embroidery thread, that is a lovely combination of every colour in the rainbow. I used my brand-new ScanNCut machine to cut the background using an intricate SVG file from Bird's SVGs which is found in Bundle Background 5. I also cut the scalloped circle from some foiled cardstock using the SNC. The sentiment was die cut from some foiled cardstock using Tim Holtz Celebration die set. The numbers are just some American Thickers alpha stickers.

I'm much happier with this card than the other one I made. (I'll show it another day.)

Join us at Simply Create Too, make a card using stitching and we'll see you soon.

Bye for now.

Love,
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.