Monday, September 14, 2015

Giant Distress Label Cards

I'm posting some more cards from the Brisbane Craft Expo in June this year. 


This lot of cards were also from a class run by Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door. These cards used huge black tags and then for the backgrounds I used a variety of techniques, including using Distress Sprays, stamping with a wet stamp pad to create a resist appearance, and smooshing with distress sprays on a craft mat.

Photo stamps were then used to add interest. The "Happy Birthday" card was just too dark in colour for the stamp to show up, so I used one of Rachel's photo chips on top instead. The ribbon was coloured to match each background.



The black tags were stamped with Picket Fence Distress Spray and then spritzed with metallic Distress Spray.



I had so much fun making these cards and totally ended up with multi-coloured fingers for the next couple of days.  :)

Anyway, bye for now.

Love,
Janelle

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of such big tags, looks like you really enjoyed making these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel is the BEST for this sort of thing. Her distressing and layering of colours is amazing. BTW Thanks for commenting on my returned postings. I think you may be my only follower at the moment. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.