Saturday, July 12, 2014

Time for something new

I'm back with a card I just made for my brother-in-law's birthday. 

Ever since I got this die, I've been planning how to use it and I finally got around to using it. The die is called Birthday Cloud from Memory Box. As you can see, the cloud is stuck to the card using foam pads (those little bits were a touch fiddly to apply - I left the loops in the top of the b and h off - they were just too small.)


I adhered some glittered alphas onto acetate, fussy cut around them, stuck it on the top of the cloud and finished with the wooden hot-air balloon.

I think the balloon really makes the cloud really look like a cloud and the white dotted background is just fun.

Bye for now.
Love, 
         Janelle 

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous die and gorgeous card Janelle, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Janelle! I bought the "dream" cloud die, which is still NBUS, so I appreciate this inspiration! I love how you did the glittery 'happy' in acetate and that wooden hot air balloon is a treat!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.