Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Check Out My Cards!

Just picked up the latest issue of Cardmaking in Easy Steps (Issue 5) and I've got a really nice layout displaying my vintage-style Christmas cards. I've even got a small photo of one of my cards on the cover. Yay!

I'm also posting a quick card I made for a friend just to say hello. Truth be told, I had some scraps still on the table and I was cleaning them up when I thought, "I could make a card with this piece and this piece and I could use my new Spellbinders Shapeabilities Persian Accents border die and put it here and then send it to Jayne." Needless to say the rest of the table did not get cleaned off!

I really like how the ribbon, pearlescent card stock used for the borders and the rhinestone flourish work to lift the design. The tag is from FabScraps Travel Journal book which is a terrific collection of tags, postcard blanks, ticket shapes, etc and I find just perfect for vintage style cards. (Not that this card really has much vintage style to it.) The Persian Accents die collection is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll see more of it used in the next couple of months. Next time I use the border, though, I won't be extending the design past the base of the card, it makes it too difficult to stand up for display.

Bye for now,
Janelle

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! LOVE those borders, they really do shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. My friend loved it, which is always the true measure of a good design. I do love the Persian Accents die set, esp. that border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.