Wednesday, September 27, 2017

There's still time to play at Simply Create Too

This time at Simply Create Too Challenge, I made something a little different to my usual work. The theme for Challenge #131 was to use buttons and bows.

I had been browsing on the internet and stumbled across Jen of Eve Designs and her wonderful handmade photo books that she designs, makes and then sells the templates for others to make their own. Anyway, I CASEd a few of her ideas and created my own little photo book using my own measurements, page ideas etc. I made it for my niece's birthday, and considering she has three gorgeous kids, it shouldn't take her long to turn it into a special brag book.

I made a classic rookie mistake when I decorated the front of the album with my placement of the embellishments. While it looks lovely when it's untied; once the ribbon is secured, the heading can't be seen. Oh well, I'll know better next time. :)

This shows the inside of it with spaces to glue photos and journalling panels. (I particularly liked her cute little envelopes and pockets.)
Head on over to Simply Create Too and join in the fun with a whole new challenge. You never know - you could be selected as one of our top three entrants.
Bye for now.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful Janelle, looks like you had so much fun creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have fun, Therese. Now my other nieces want one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.