Saturday, August 11, 2012

A doily card

I'm posting a card made with one of my mum's mini doilies. It's for my niece's 19th birthday, so I wanted it to be bright and cheerful, feminine without being too fussy, but still modern. I hope she likes it. I made it a while ago and held off posting on my blog until I gave it to her, but I haven't seen her for ages (and if she's reading this - I know it's late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)

I used some free Raspberry Road Designs paper from the English Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine (can't remember which issue) which was a lovely set with pretty floral designs and fresh colours. The FabScraps Journal Tags are fast becoming a favourite with their range of colours and designs in the book. I also tried out my Papermania Brad Making kit which allowed me to personalise the brad using one of the blooms on the paper.  The embossing powder used on the sentiment is Stampendous Shabby Pink and I love the glitter bits in it as well as the slightly chunky white and copper bits. While it doesn't give a defined result, it sure is interesting and fun. The stamp comes from the Hot Off The Press Birthday Greetings set. 

I also made a card for my nephew (the twin of my niece) which was a variation on the masculine card I made for my last post.

Bye for now,
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.