Monday, November 5, 2018

News of me being kidnapped and taken to outer space have been greatly exaggerated!

Oh Wow! I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last posted. I have been having problems with my health and other family issues and not had the extra energy to spend on making many cards etc. (I have made some though...which I will show you over the next while.) When Chronic Fatigue Syndrome flares up, along with my other ailments, it makes it hard to do anything much at all (mostly only the essentials). Hopefully I'll be able to keep posting in a timely manner for you to share in my journey.

I made the card above for a lovely lady my mum and I were friends with at her retirement centre who died earlier this year. I wasn't sure what to do for it, but went with some paper etc that I had been working with for something else, and added what flowers I thought were pretty. I also made a co=ordinating card box for it. As it turned out, the flowers and feathers matched perfectly the theme of the memorial luncheon we attended for her. Joan is sorely missed and we always think fondly of her.

Anyway, it's time I got going on what I NEED to do, so all of my love and I'll see you soon.

Bye for now,


8 comments:

  1. Great to see you back and hope you're feeling better and life is getting sorted.
    Beautiful sympathy card and gorgeous flowers
    Carol xcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol . While with CFS i never feel great, I am feeling a bit better. I'm glad you like my card. It's always so difficult to make sympathy cards, but I wanted to do something a little more lively than the usually less colourful cards,as Joan always wore lovely bright colours and loved clothes, and her daughters thought she'd have loved it. ☺

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful Janelle, it's easy to see your thoughtfulness when you were creating this and I am sure it is a card that will be treasured. It's lovely that you are getting back on track, big hugs to you my friend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear friend, Thank you for that lovely comment. I enjoyed creating ti
      his card and the matching box, not only because it was for a lovely woman, but also because it felt good to be creating again just for me. XXX

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear you've not been well Janelle. Hope things get a bit easier for you from here. What a beautiful card. Love all the gorgeous layers and I'm sure it was very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan;s daughters both loved it and I'm sure that it will have pride of place in their homes for a while. Thanks so much for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. Hope you get better soon. One would never know from this beautiful card. Looks like you threw your strength into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I've gone back to my earlier style, with layering and phoofy elements and lots of flowers. I love it. Though I would love to excel at simple stylish designs like Therese Calvird (she's my idol!) :) Hope you have a lovely Christmas and I'll "see" you soon.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.