Saturday, May 12, 2018

Challenge #20 for Angie's Digital Stamps

With no optional theme this week at Angie's Digital Stamps, I was able to make a birthday card for a friend. He's a bit older than me and totally into cars (though more MGs rather than VDubs). Inside I've printed "You're a CLASSIC! Happy Birthday".
 
The background was created in a Word document with an assortment of fonts all saying "Classic". I used a range of colours for the printing from a very pale blue for the background colour, aqua, teal and dark navy. I also stencilled a strip of herringbone brickwork using a mixture of black texture paste and some Anna Griffin/Couture Creations Mix & Match Pigment powders (white and silver) that I wanted to match my Graphite Viva Decor Ferro Texture Paste that went hard in the container on me. I hate that - when you are going to use something and then you find out it's "gone off"!
If you haven't used the Mix & Match Pigment powders, they are amazing! They can be used to colour a wide range of media (eg gesso, texture/embossing paste, acrylic paint, Dimensional Glaze, etc), as well as providing a lovely shimmer to it all. They can also be used for painting (by mixing with water), misting (a little in a spray bottle of water) and added to glue with glitter to add "a dash of flash" to any surface. With these, you almost can just have white everything and just colour where and when needed. Talk about great economy! I find them similar to Pearl EX, Perfect Pearls and Cosmic Shimmer, but the colours are so vibrant you only need a tiny amount of powder to achieve a rich colour.  

I coloured Angie's super cute digi stamp car using my trusty Copic markers; with a little silver and clear Wink of Stella Brushes for the metallic areas and glass.

I tried styling the photo, but Darryl's grungy old car keys don't really match in. (I should have at least given them a scrub first.) Hahaha!

Anyway, head on over to Angie's Digital stamps and join in the fun. There's some great inspiration from the Design Team, as well as super amazing contributions from our subscribers. 
Bye for now.

Love,


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine design and fabulous colouring Janelle, I know he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
    herbal cure for, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.