Monday, April 14, 2014

Whatever happened to March?

I cannot believe that it's been so long since my last post. Life has been busy and I've been not too well with my CFS. I've got to see a neurologist next month as I've got numb skin  on my feet and lower legs, while inside (my muscles etc) it's super sensitive and "burns" and aches. Not fun and totally bewildering. I'm hoping it's just a progression of the CFS (at least it's the devil you know) and not something horribly new.

Since my last post I've been playing around with new toys, like the Martha Stewart air clay moulding set and the ModPodge heat resin set. I've made a card that also incorporates quilling that I used on a set of cards I made for a commission for Papercraft Essentials.


On this card you can see a moulded heart that I made with the Martha Stewart set - super easy and very effective. Perhaps with the ribbon and flowers you can't really tell it's a heart - but it is. I'd forgotten how pretty quilling can be and while researching for the commission, discovered a whole new branch of it called husking, where you wind the quilling paper around a wide toothed comb, which I'll demonstrate some time. 

I'm including this card with the Scrapbook Boutique April Challenge, which is to use the following photo as inspiration for a project. I think it works with it. 

                                              

My son's on school holidays at the moment, but before the school break he wanted some Easter treats to share with his mates. So, using my trusty We R Memory Keepers pillow box maker, I made some boxes that I decorated with stickers and filled with mini eggs.



(The photo was taken on the boot of my car in the garage just before we took them to school so it's not the best background - not festive enough.) The oval tag I did on my computer and just hand cut. From all accounts the boxes were favourably received by his friends. I was surprised how quickly I was able to create them and how little fuss was needed. It's a great tool to have.

Anyway, that's enough for now.

Bye.
Love,
Janelle
;)


6 comments:

  1. Fab projects Janelle, I'm so glad to see you back in blogland and I hope you feel better real soon. The MS heart looks incredible, especially with those flowers and who would have thought the boot of a car would make such a good backdrop.. if they were in my school bag I don't think they would have even made it to school lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Therese. Even though I've not been posting I've still been following your fabulous work. You keep me motivated.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card I love your quilled leaves especially beautiful. Sorry to hear of your CFS may your visit to the neurologist be helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fab heart Janelle and the quilled and husked details look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little Easter gifts Janelle and your card is lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbook Boutique. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it when the kids want to create too!!!! I have so many things planned WHEN I have grandchildren lol!! I do hope you are feeling better soon ( hopefully card making/crafting eases the pain, or distracts you at least!) I'd like to try the MS range, sound fun!! Have a happy Easter and thanks for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.