Monday, September 2, 2013

A quick Father's Day card

Just wanted to show a quick Father's Day card I made for my Dad. I was going to go with die cut letters and patterned backgrounds (similar to Therese Calvird's card), but I didn't get my act together in time - so I settled for a faster version.



The die cut was a left-over from last year's cards I made for my son's school (cut using my eCraft), the orange was left over from something I recently did and I've got enough washi tape to tie up the whole house if I wanted. I think it came up nicely, especially as I limited the palette and had the orange and blue to contrast for interest.             

I also must let you know that I've been published again - this time in Australian Simply Cards Issue 59. I did a selection of 6 cards featuring the use of a variety of different frames with a shabby chic edge.

It was while I was doing the research for this commission that I came across some blogs and tutorials about resin molding. This is something I want to try out myself. I'll let you know how I go with this technique.

Anyway, bye for now.
Janelle   

1 comment:

  1. Love your fun Dad card, it's totally the perfect masculine font. Congrats on your publication, 6 cards, that's incredible Janelle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.