Thursday, October 19, 2017

A little bit ghoulish for Halloween.

For the latest challenge for Angie's Digital Stamps, I had to make a spooky Halloween card. As luck would have it I changed my plans halfway through, and ended up with two cards instead.

I traced the haunted house from an image I found on the internet, and the background was sponged using Distress Inks and masks made from Post-It tape. I went berserk with my white opaque Signo marker to create stars and added a dash of Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist (the girl card was sprayed a bit more liberally than it should.) You should NEVER spray Glimmer Mist in the dark as you can't tell how much you actually have put on. I was in a hurry and too lazy to turn on the light in the kitchen and just went with the ambient light from elsewhere in the house. (Forehead smack!) Doh!!!
I generated the sentiment on my computer. I love the All Over Again font that I downloaded from Dafont.com. It's perfect for this type of occasion and for masculine projects, as it's a little bit grungy/graffiti.
The girl image is a digistamp called Daisy May with a Candle from Angie's Etsy store that was coloured using Copic markers.

The ghost was found after trawling through the internet, and after gluing several copies together, I coated it with Diamond Glaze. If you look really closely, you can see the bubbles I wasn't able to pop. (I hate it when it doesn't go on smoothly.)  The black dots are my new Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black. This was the first time I've used it and I LOVE IT! I think I'll be wanting the entire colour spectrum. It sure is easier than trying to glue enamel dots in position. Hahaha.
Stop by Angie's Digital Stamps and play along with Challenge #14. Make a Halloween card or two and see what your fellow crafters have created as well.
Bye for now.

Love,


4 comments:

  1. Cute images Janelle and love the gorgeous backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. ☺ Now I just have to work out what to do with them. ☺

      Delete
  2. These are so much fun Janelle, I'm loving the added shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. It has to be my favorite Glimmer Mist (quite likely the only one I use haha). Have you any ideas? :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.