Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!!!



Here I am back again and looking forward to a brand-new year (almost!). (If I can get my house back into order ASAP, I'll be sweet!)

The painting was finished Christmas Eve, so effectively there's only been a few days we've been able to work on unpacking and shifting furniture and stuff. I swear, repainting, recarpeting and shifting back is worse than moving in because when you move, everything that belongs together is packed together; whereas, what we did (even though I tried to avoid it) was just plonk everything in the garage where it would fit (apart from the books and glasses etc that were packed in groups).  My biggest problem has been fitting my clothes and books back where they belong. (I think they've had offspring over the holidays as I'm sure there's more now than before. yuk yuk yuk!) BUT once it is finished, it's going to be so nice and clean and neat. Already the new colours have lifted my mood! BIG SMILE!
Anyway, to business. As it's the start of the new year, all of my design teams are recommencing. First off the mark is Angie's Digital Stamps with Challenge #5.
I chose the Box of Crayons digistamp from Angie's Digital Designs shop on Etsy and made a "Back to School" card. For those of us in the Southern Hemisphere, we have only 20 days before our kids go back for the start of the 2017 school year. Unbelievably my son, Alex, will be starting Year 9 this year. OMG!

I wanted to make my card a little grungy like a child had helped with it, which is why I tore the edges of the sentiment and messily sponged over some Fossilized Amber ink and used the great font called "Bombing". I also added the background that was created by sponging Festive Berries ink over the "Countdown" Tim Holtz stencil onto some glossy cardstock. I finished off with some multicoloured enamel dots.

I'd love to wish all of my followers a very Happy New Year and I hope that you all have a fantastically crafty time over the next 363 days.

Bye for now.

Love,
Janelle

2 comments:

  1. Super fun design Janelle! So glad the painting's finished, it'll be great when you are all sorted again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. There's still so much to put back in the cupboards that I don't know where to start. :) Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.