Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fall Colours for Simply Create Too Challenge #117

Welcome back. I'm here today with another challenge from Angie at Simply Create Too. We're midway through this challenge and some of the entries we've received are AMAZZZING! 

My card was based around a die cut tree I designed from an illustration I found on the net. I redrew a lot of it to add peepholes so that the background could show through. I then changed it into a cuttable file for my ScanNCut. I'm amazed by the very fine cuts it was able to achieve.

The background was made using alcohol inks and blending solution on some glossy cardstock. I used Adirondack Lettuce, Rust, Cranberry and Sandal. Once that was dry, I lightly sponged on a little Perfect Medium ink and dusted with some gold Perfect Pearls powder. That's the sheen you can see in the photo. Somehow I never seem to think about Autumn without thinking of gold.

The sentiment was die cut using Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Friend die set from some gold glittered cardstock, that was then layered on matching white die cuts. To finish it, I added some small light green, red, orange and yellow rhinestones.

I saw the idea for this card on someone's blog (sorry I forget who) and then Darnell from www.djkardkreations.com did a variation of it on her blog here. 

Be back soon with some more autumnal cards.

Love,
Janelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.