Monday, September 29, 2014

A gift bag using Heartfelt Creations "Cut Mat and Create Collection"

It's taken me a long time to get this completed - mainly because I kept putting it away to do something else!

As soon as I saw this "Cut Mat and Create" paper collection I knew I wanted to do something a little different with it - then when I saw a video tutorial by Pootles Papercraft about a flat topped gift box - I thought I'd do something similar. I love how the paper has a decorative dado rail design on the full sheets of paper and this works perfectly with this design of gift bag.



I designed a diagram showing how to cut out the gift bag. If you want a copy, Please email me and I'll send it to you. There's a part underneath the bow, where I folded over some of the paper to make a double layer - making it stronger where the ribbon comes out.



I decorated it with some panels and flourishes cut using the Cut Mat Create Die sets. as well as some Majestic Blooms flowers stamped in Delicata gold ink and frosted with some clear Wink of Stella. The round stamped image comes from the "Celebrate The Journey" stamp and die collection.



You can see on the side how the side panel folds in to fit the top flap.


It's the first time I've created something like this, but I think I'll have to do some more in the future.


I've also been doing some cards kits from Heartfelt Creations that I'll show in a couple of days. :)


Don't forget, if you want a copy of the plan, just drop me a comment and I can send you a copy.



Bye for now.
Love,

Janelle

2 comments:

  1. Oh so clever and stunning Janelle, this is a gift in itself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful project!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.