Friday, June 27, 2014

For a change - a layout!

Here is something else I did at the craft expo I attended recently.


I made it during a class called "#Boys" with Tracey Kielty. The photo was taken in April of this year when my son, Alex, came second in the Lego Challenge final held at a local shopping centre. He was chuffed and you can see it in his face.

The layout uses a piece of cardboard box as its base, with some top layers torn away. It's been painted with gesso and then coloured using Glimmer Mists, etc. As you can see, there are a variety of techniques going on in it, including, stencilling with Viva Decor ferro Steel, stamping, using die cuts, using acetate, using flyscreen and using hardware. It was very intensive (brainwise) but I love the result - so totally different to what I usually do. I especially love the grey stencilled brickwork (very tactile).

Bye for now,
Janelle
  :)

P.S. It was square, but my photo came out odd-shaped trying to prevent glare from the acetate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.